Thursday, January 1, 2015

Running and Writing Challenge

I have decided to accept a challenge that showed up in my inbox yesterday - the challenge is to Run and Write every day in January. writeandrun31

Well, I got off to a great start today, going for a 2 1/2 hour snowshoe with a group! I've decided that because of our unpredictable winter this year, I will be committing to at least 20 minutes of physical exercise each day. (Currently freezing rain is coating every surface in Quesnel with a shell of shiny, pebbly-looking ice. This is the kind of weather that will make branches snap off, and trees bend over with the weight of the ice. It's treacherous and dangerous ... but it is absolutely beautiful.

As for my writing challenge, well I'm committing to writing for 5 minutes per day. That could be jotting things in my brainstorming journal, or writing on my blog. My only rule is that is must be creative writing. I must be using pretty words!
Of course, I know I will write for more than five minutes ... because it is something I love to do.

Here is to 31 days of Challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment