Monday, May 16, 2016

Cows, Abundance & Letting Go

The other day I was out running and happened upon a rather large group ... of rather large Cows. They ran across the trail, seemingly out of my way, but as I began to pass by them, they all turned toward me and started charging! It was freaky, and a bit hilarious at the same time ... I haven't run that fast in quite a while!






At first, I thought that I must have been doing something wrong in order for them to chase me like that, as I don't even eat meat! I am their friend, aren't I? I began to wonder what it could mean to have such an obvious sign placed in my path like that. These occurrences, especially when animals are bringing you a message, are never by accident. They always mean something.


I began to actually research the symbolism of the Cow. She does come to symbolize abundance, fertility and the Mother. When I remembered what the Cow means to Hindus, I realized that Abundance is actually chasing me down! What better omen than to have 20 cows charging at you? 


"In Hinduism, the cow is a symbol of wealth, strength, abundance, selfless giving and a full Earthly life." - Wikipedia


I knew I had hit on the truth of the message because of the feeling it brought me ... A sense of rising energy within me, a powerful surging of purpose and meaning. A feeling of connection and elation with a touch of bliss.


My purpose and my vision through the last few months has been to touch as many peoples' lives with love and joy as I can possibly reach. My intention has been to give more than I get. To offer the very best that I can to each person I meet. And while I'm teaching yoga - I always ask that the Universe work its' magic through me so that my students can receive the offerings/messages/guidance that the Universe is trying to convey to them. I always ask that I be a clear channel so that the energy can move through me freely, and out to the desired recipient.


The trick to this surrendering of spirit and body is that I also surrender the results to the Universe. It is the process of giving someone a gift, but they will never know it was you, and you will never know how it affected them.


I don't know for sure what kind of abundance will come my way, and I don't pretend to be able to predict the future for myself. All I know for sure is that this situation reminded me that I am connected to this Earth, I am a part of it, and I relate to all beings that thrive on it. I am not separate from those creatures, even if they scare me - even if they seem like something that could take my life. If they come to me to convey messages - how separate can they actually be from me? What kind of power draws together a group of 20 cows, and me?


I am not separate from you either, dear reader. Even if we haven't spoken in months, and even if we've never met.


What if you treated everyone you encountered today as if they were a part of you - as if they were you? How would you treat the people around you? Would you treat them any differently than you do now? Something to ponder ....


Have the most lovely day ~ Namaste, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment