Thursday, October 24, 2013

Foundations of a Spiritual Life

The most interesting things happen when you let go. There is a sense of fulfillment I receive from the Universe when I finally surrender to the lessons I should be learning. I seem to understand once again what I am being asked to do. Not long ago, I felt lonely in my circumstance, and found myself dwelling on that feeling for a little while. As soon as I embraced being alone, I had three of the closest people in my life contact me within the span of an hour.

I go back to The Secret often. The Law of Attraction. Like attracts Like. This was the beginning of stability in my spiritual beliefs. I learned how to attract the kind of life I wanted. I began to think positive thoughts every day. I practiced gratitude for the many blessings in my life. As soon as I began to focus on the positivity in my life, I began to attract more and more of the same. As soon as I genuinely began to take control of my own happiness, the Universe began taking care of me. The Secret helped me attract the opportunity to go to Mexico for yoga teacher training.

It seems like as I applied a foundation of habits, I began to layer more in depth habits, rituals and routines overtop. Like building a house. You can only go from where you are, with what you have, in the moment. Everybody falters, stumbles and even falls down during the process of life. But these stumbling blocks are great opportunities to remind one of what works, and what doesn't.

Of course, the second part of the formula is lifting your chin to look outside of yourself to actually see the opportunities. It is so important to have a strong sense of self-worth, and that you deserve all the great things in life that are being offered to you. Because what is an opportunity if it is wasted?

There is no greater gift that you can give yourself than the gift of routine. Spirituality can be a routine. In fact, it must be a part of your routine. It is not really enough to say you want to be somewhere - you have to actually go there. Buy the ticket, put in the time, and travel to that place of silence.

I am glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment