Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Synchronicity

Definition "the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality" *from Merriam Webster

It was a long time ago that I learned about synchronicity. In my early 20's, I was introduced to the term by the book "The Celestine Prophecy". I had certainly experienced synchronicity before I knew it had a label, but it was the first time I started to think that perhaps many of the ideas I had tuned into were experienced by others. 

In short, I started to feel less alone.

When I first started noticing these occurrences, they were happening all the time. It felt like such a powerful feeling to know that my life was being guided by something much larger than myself. I also used it as an excuse in my younger days that there were some things in my life that were destined to happen, and that truly I could make no mistakes. The naivete of a 21-year old. Sending love to my younger self .... and a little pat on the head. (which I would have hated!)

In my 30's, I have experienced fewer synchronistic events, but they have been considerably more profound. Last weekend, I experienced one of these incidents, and it's too good not to share!

I had made a coffee date with a lovely yoga teacher I met in the Summer on Tuesday, but we had to cancel... 

Unrelated, my hubby & I had been meaning to take the kids snowboarding at Harper Mountain all winter, and finally booked it on Friday as they had the day off from school. 

The first synchronicity: This lovely yoga teacher ended up being the one giving me a snowboarding lesson. It felt so great to be on a snowboard again, and I had forgotten how much I liked it.

The second synchronicity: After the lesson was over, my daughter conned me into going up the t-bar with her, threw me off balance, and we fell over. My kneecap landed on the edge of her board, and I felt a searing pain ... I hobbled over to the lodge, and planted myself on a bench to take a look at it. The little incident ended up benching me for the day ... But then I saw the lovely yoga teacher, and she was done with teaching for the day ...

Wouldn't you know it? We ended up having coffee in the lodge!

The Universe engineered all of this perfectly for us! We ended up having a fantastic conversation and visit together - and none of this would have happened if I didn't hurt myself.

I strongly believe that there are NO coincidences in life. When you begin to believe that the Universe is on your side, working for you, at all times ... the World is Your Oyster. 

(And the secret is that you are the pearl, being perfectly formed and designed for the highest good of the Universe).

No comments:

Post a Comment